There are several things that you might not know about your cat. Why is your cat behaving in
a certain way? Why is your cat always sleeping? There are so many question coming up if you are
a new cat-holder.
Cats are wonderful animals and they are even healthy for us humans.
Research shows that having cats as pets could really lighten up a person’s physiological, emotional and psychological side.
These benefits can heal the wounds of solitude, age, stress and depression. In addition, cats are affectionate but less demanding, low maintenance and it would surely be very suitable for those who have a modern lifestyle.
According to the Society for Companion Animal Studies, patients recover or live longer through animals. It has been discovered that having pets would definitely ease the cases of physiological or psychological impairment in people.
Some more facts acts about cats:
– Cats have been associated with humans for more than 9000 years
– Cats can be trained to obey simple commands
– Grown pet cats weight between 2 and 8 kg, but some breeds like the Maine Coon can reach up to 20 kg.
– Cats usually live between 14 and 20 years, but there are cats older than 30 years
– Cats can move each ear independently of the other
– It’s in a cat’s nature to scratch vertical surfaces. They do so to clean the claws and to strech their muscles
– Cats as pets do also relieve you from stress
– Cats need to sleep very long. They sleep 16 hours or longer
– There are more than 500 million domestic cats in the world
– A cat’s heart beats twice as fast as a human heart
– Cats can “read” peoples mood.
– An cat has 1 up to 8 kittens per litter and up to 3 litters per year.
– 21% of the U.S. households have a cat
– Cats need five times more protein than dogs do
– The fastest land animal is a cat, the cheetah can reach 60 mph
It can be very enjoyable to have a cat. They sometimes do funny things or thy help us to relax. Having a cat means
having a good friend. Cats are very intelligent, they notice if you are feeling good or stressed.
Having a cat also means that you will have some extra work to do. You need to feed your cat, play with it, take care
about the litter box… There are many things you need to take care of to provide your cat a nice home to stay.
If your cat does not feel comfortable it will get sick or even leave you.
There are certain things that you should never do to a cat:
– declawing: Don’t even think about that, it is like amputating your toes! In Germany and other European countries declawing is forbidden by the law.
– never punsh or kick your cat, don’t be crual to your cat in any way. They won’t forget…
– never leave little children alone with cats
– don’t bath or shower your cat, they can clean themselves
– don’t annoy your cat with loud music, their ears are much more sensitive than ours
If you are uncertain about things go to your veterinarian, he has the answers to your questions.